Lars Kotajärvi/Margeta's birth dates

Tänne voit lähettää sukututkimukseen liittyviä kysymyksiä, henkilöhakuja, linkkivinkkejä ja muuta sellaista.
Katie

Lars Kotajärvi/Margeta's birth dates

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 02.03.2012 01:22

Hello, I am trying to decipher the birth dates (if that is what they are) of Lars and Margeta as noted in the link below in SSHY Digiarkiston.
http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/sivut/j ... 83&pnum=18

In the bottom half of the page it shows Lars Kotajärfvi as being born (I think) in 1737. Is this correct and if so can you decipher the month and date.
Below Lars name is, I believe, his wife Margeta and if this is correct can you decipher that date. It looks to be aproximate 1743-1749 and I can not make out the month and date.

Then towards the bottom in 1776 looks like one of their children Pehr. I have his information, but based on Pehr's birthdate I am assuming this page to be his family.

It's a very hard page to read, is there some other place I should look that would be clearer. I checked HIski but I am unable to verify Hiski and Digiarkiston records to be the same.
Thank You
Janice

taltta

Re: Lars Kotajärvi/Margeta's birth dates

Viesti Kirjoittaja taltta » 02.03.2012 02:38

A much more readable version is found at:
Kemijärven seurakunta > Kemijärven seurakunnan arkisto > Rippikirjat > Rippikirjat 1760-1786 (IAa:4)

http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=5524795

Actually there are three year ranges in that book (whereas the one on the sukuhistoria site has one starting from 1778).
I think most if not all answers can be found on that better page.

Katie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 02.03.2012 08:21

Thank you so much Taltta. I will look at it. Some of those older documents are impossible to read. The older American documents are the same.
Thank you, I'll go check it out.
Janice

Katie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 02.03.2012 08:43

Hello Taltta
The link you gave me is much better and I can never find it. I can get to the home page: digi.narc.fi but then when I get to the home page I do not know what tabs to click and when do I enter Kemijarvi, or Kuusamo (I have other ancestors in that area). I tried to use the Haku tab then entered Kemijarvi in the search box and got no records found. I have tried the other tabs and only get a lot of instructions and can't seem to find where I enter my search information. Is there tab for instructions on how to look up someone in Kemijarvi, or someone in Kuusamo. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Jan
UPDATE OF ABOVE MESSAGE, TALTTA, I WAS ABLE TO FIND KEMIJARVI BY USING THE TREE VIEW IN DIGITAL ARCHIVE AND I THINK I MAY NOW BE ABLE TO USE THIS NEW TOOL FOR MY SEARCHES. I MADE LOTS OF NOTES ON HOW TO GET TO THAT PART OF THE LINK SO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE GOOD USE OF IT.
THANKS AGAIN, TALTTA
JAN

taltta

Viesti Kirjoittaja taltta » 02.03.2012 16:24

There is a challenge to find parishes of certain municipalities because they cannot be found by using the basic form of the municipality. This is true, when the Finnish genetive form of the parish does not include the whole name of the municipality. For example the name of the parish "Kemijärven Seurakunta" does not include the whole name "Kemijärvi". (I know and agreee that the requirement to know the genetive form is not very reasonable)

I quick fix to this is to use partial name of parish as the search word, in this case "Kemij" and Võila also the "Kemijärven Seurakunnan arkisto" turns up.
In most cases the search page is the most convenient way to find archives: http://digi.narc.fi/digi/search.ka

Katie

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katie » 02.03.2012 16:33

Thank you, Taltta, for your search advice. I'll certainly keep that in mind if I can't find the area I'm looking for.
You have been very helpful.

Jan

Vastaa Viestiin